Wine Country Insider for June 4 - 12, 2011
There is so much happening in Finger Lakes Wine Country
over the course of the next two weekends, so clear your calendars and come see us! This weekend it's all about sports cars, dogs, and wine - next weekend it's all about BBQ! There are so many wonderful events to choose from it's going to be tough to make a decision. One thing is for sure, whatever events you decide to attend we're promising you a great time. Here are 11 reasons why summer rocks in Finger Lakes Wine Country!
1. Sahlen's Six Hours at The Glen
- okay, one word: McDreamy! Yes, Patrick Dempsey himself will be one of the drivers at this weekend's race at Watkins Glen International. Tickets are still available and kids under 15 receive free admission!
2. Hunt Country Dog Walk
- dog lovers unite! and head to Hunt Country Vineyards at the northern end of Keuka Lake to take part in a great cause and a really fun day.
3. Winestock at Three Brothers Winery
- 15 Finger Lakes wineries + 3 stages with live music = 1 good time. For just $17 you can experience all this and more at Three Brothers Winery. I had the pleasure of speaking with Erica from Three Brothers this week on the Escape to the Finger Lakes podcast about this exciting event. Listen now
4. Golden Nose Award
- Head to the New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua for the annual Golden Nose Award, a Finger Lakes wine experience. Learn from the experts in the region about wine tasting and then judge wines from the Finger Lakes yourself. You decide the winners! Listen to the 15-minute podcast
about this unique wine tasting event.
5. Old Tyme Rhubarb Festival at Montezuma Winery
- sounds delicious to me! While at Montezuma try their Bee Vodka - yes, Bee as in honey. The vodka is actually distilled from honey, pretty cool! The Rhubarb festival also had a classic car show. Something for everyone!
7. Hullabaloo Festival at Tag's
- A craft brewers exhibition and barbecue cook-off, if that doesn't say summer then nothing will! Top it off with live music, definitely a fun event.
9. Smokin' Summer Kickoff on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail
- Speaking of slow and savory, the Seneca Lake Wine Trail is also offering their spin on your favorite summer grillin' foods with the new event, Smokin' Summer Kickoff. The perfect way to jump start the summer! The event is co-sponsored by Java-Gourmet, a local company offering coffee-based sauces and rubs. Each winery on the trail will offer a grilled-favorite using a Java-Gourmet product and pair it with their award winning wine. Check out the 15-minute podcast about this exciting event
10. Tug Boat Wines 30th Birthday Party
- Lucas Vineyards on Cayuga Lake is celebrating the big birthday of their famous Tug Boat wines. Join them in a celebration next Sunday for live music, barbecue and clams (yum) and of course your favorite Lucas wines. Listen to the 15-minute podcast with Jeff from Lucas Vineyards
now to learn more about this birthday bash.
So if that list doesn't excite you then I don't know what would. There's so much to look forward to and think - it's just the beginning of summer in Finger Lakes Wine Country