Limited Tickets Available for the Harvest Tour of Food & Wine on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail
Fall is such an exciting time in Finger Lakes Wine Country
. Fall is the season of both outstanding beauty and bounty and the region has plenty of both. This weekend the Keuka Lake Wine Trail invites you to take part in the Harvest Tour of Food & Wine
. The eight wineries on the trail will be serving delicious harvest-themed dishes made with regional foods paired with their delicious wines. Enjoy this two-day event celebrating all that we love about fall.
A limited number of tickets are still available for this event, so if you're interested in attending, visit KeukaWineTrail.com
now to make your purchase and find accommodation options.
To tempt you, we were lucky enough to get our hands on a recipe that you might find at one of the wineries this weekend. Grape & Rosemary FocacciaIngredients:
1 lb refrigerated or thawed frozen pizza dough
2 Tbsp Grape Seed Oil
1/2 tsp dried crushed basil
2 cups de-stemmed seedless grapes (Approx. 1 lb before de-stemming) - marinated in Barrington Cellars Concord Wine
1 Tbsp snipped fresh rosemary
1 Tbsp grated Romano cheeseDirections:
1. Let pizza dough stand at room temperature 15 minutes. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 12X8-inch rectangle. If dough begins to pull back while rolling, let rest 5 minutes.
2. Transfer dough to lightly greased baking sheet. Using fork, prick dough. Cover, let rise in warm place 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Brush dough with 1 Tablespoon of oil; sprinkle with basil. Arrange grapes on dough; sprinkle with rosemary and cheese.
4. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tablespoon of oil.
5. To serve, cut in strips with pizza cutter. Serve warm or room temperature.
6. Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Other fall fare to be sampled with wine include gratin of local autumn vegetables and double-smoked bacon and curried winter squash and apple soup. Sounds pretty delicious!